Friday, March 17, 2006

suddenly, seymour

blood oranges


do you ever, for no apparent reason, start singing songs from "Little Shop of Horrors" in your head? No? I didn't think so. As I opened this entry and started to type, I thought, "finally, friday." That soon switched to "suddenly, seymour." I'm a little over-tired I guess, I feel punchy and weird.

Honestly though, I felt better today than I had all week. I had to make several trips up and down multiple sets of stairs today and my back didn't scream at me too loud. I have to take them slowly and I do find that my back tires me out easily but at least I can get comfortable most of the time, when I'm seated at my desk.

My new job is going well. Slowly, very slowly, I'm able to get rid of more and more tasks from my old job and I'm starting to get a feel for how things work in the new one. It's a big adjustment though. It would have been easier to make the transition had I not had to keep all of these "old" tasks but, it's going as well as can be expected.

Because of the sickness and the back thing, I haven't done "intentional" exercise this week but my eating hasn't been horrible. I haven't tracked stuff on Fitday but I know that I'm doing okay. For breakfast and lunch, I eat pretty much the same thing each day, the variety comes with dinner and I know how much I can reasonably eat. Also, I've not done any after-dinner snacking, I'm still pretty much off the pop (I did have one diet coke this week - it was sort of flat and not very good) and I don't think I had any coffee this week (maybe one cup on Sunday morning but I'm not sure). I'm definitely drinking lots of water so all hope is not lost. This week was absolutely closer to "on plan" than last week was. Overall, I'm feeling good, glad to be mending, relieved that the sickness is almost gone, grateful for the weekend so I can rest... and I plan to do that a lot this weekend, hope you can too!

No comments: