Sunday, May 07, 2006

baby steps

I'm not yet at a point where I'm journaling food again, or planning out my exercise routine but we did eat at home this weekend, that's something huh? It might not seem like much but it really is. I want us to stop eating out so much for a couple of reasons. The first one is that it's really not good for us. As carefully as you might try to order, it's not the same as at home, is it? Also, it's quite expensive, or it can be. It doesn't take long to add up and I've got us starting on a serious financial diet so cutting back on dining out is good for both things.

I did pick up some pro-biotic supplements on Friday night and I'm feeling better for it, not totally normal but much improved. TOM is right around the corner too, could start any time now, so I've got that going on. Fun times huh? My back was on the fritz yesterday too. I woke up all doubled over. Ordinarily, when this happens, it's a result of stress (and last week was very stressful for me). My normal routine is to crawl back into bed and get onto the heating pad. Yesterday, I kept moving around, slowly, sitting when I had to, but I never took to the heating pad. I felt so much better for it today. I'm still a little fragile but greatly improved. I guess the heating pad thing was all wrong. Who knew huh?

On an up note, we had a couple of landscapers here today and they cleaned up our yard. There was some big stuff that needed to be dealt with, projects that we never got to last summer, after we moved in. We had a couple of young lads come over for a few hours and do what would have taken us 2 or 3 weekends to accomplish. It looks really nice and it feels good to scratch one thing off of my to-do list!

No comments: