Thursday, May 18, 2006

down a quart

Today, I'm still groggy. I'm not sure why because I've had two decent nights of sleep but it's true. Part of the problem could be that I'm still feeling dragged out from the anti-biotics. Recently, I've been taking pro-biotic supplements and eating lots of "bio best" yogurt but I still have mild symptoms. It's kind of crappy and I think that's why I'm feeling like I have had no energy over the past couple of days. I'm not sure how much longer it'll take to restore my good bacteria but given how potent the anti-biotics were, I'm guessing it'll be a while yet.

Work seems to be getting better. It's still all very busy and there are still a lot of things that I'm learning in the new job but I'm starting to feel a smidgen more organized. This morning, I took about 45 minutes and sorted through papers on my desk (only because I'd lost something - luckily, I found it and I got a lot of stuff sorted out). I think if I can find 45 minutes each week, I'll be able to get all of my old files cleaned out and my new ones set up by the middle of June. Optimistically, I've even booked some vacation time.

On the food front, things have been okay this week. I've definitely upped my water intake and I'm thinking about things before I put them in my mouth. Sometimes I still put them into my mouth but at least I think about it before hand. Like the other evening, I really wanted a salty crunchy snack. I found some baked crunchy snack food and munched on that. See, baby steps. Baked not fried is a baby step!

This morning, I could not get going and did not ride the bike. All week, by the end of the day, my legs have been really crampy and sore. I'm guessing it's partly from the reintroduction of exercise to my muscles and partly from the bacteria issue. Whichever the case, I gave myself permission to have a day off. Tomorrow, I shall ride again!

No comments: