Monday, May 15, 2006

just like starting over

This morning I was awake before the alarm. My alarm generally goes off at the crack of insanity.

I hopped out of bed, left my hunny snoring away. I pulled on my long over-looked workout clothes and dragged my fat ass down to the basement.

I climbed onto my somewhat dusty recumbent bike, found an episode of "Bromwell High" on the TV and started riding. I won't say that it was easy, it wasn't. I realized that it had been over 2 months since I'd had my butt in the saddle. I lasted for 15 minutes, rode 3.44 miles. I was a sweaty mess when I was done. I did some stretches, while Bromwell finished and was upstairs, making coffee by 5 a.m.

Sick or what?

I've now got my lunch packed for work, I've eaten my breakfast, showered, and am ready for work. Tough as that quick ride was, I feel good about it. It felt good to be doing it even though it was hard. I keep reminding myself that it takes hard work to lose this weight. I have to lose it, I'm sick of giving into the crap. Over the past couple of months, between LOG's illness and my bronchitis and family crap, we've just given ourselves permission to be pigs and it's over now. I tried on a bunch of stuff on the weekend, during a shopping trip to the states and I hated the way everything fit me. I felt gross, I don't think I looked good in anything really and I don't like that. It wasn't so long ago that I was feeling good about the progress I was making. I'd lost 22 pounds during the first couple of months of this year. I gained back 12 of them over the next two, I can't keep that up. I need to lose the 12 again and then get really serious about the rest.

Seriously serious.

No comments: