Monday, March 03, 2008

do it right

Here is a little tip, from me to you: if you are going to treat yourself to a little bit of chocolate, make it worth the splurge. Over the weekend, I was having a hormal rave-up and I bought some of those little chocolate foil wrapped easter eggs. I figured that this would be a good, controlled treat. Unfortunately, I think that they were leftover from last year. They were a little waxy and entirely unsatisfying. Fortunately, I kept my cool and didn't run off and bake brownies or a double-batch of chocolate chip cookies but I could have.

Unfortunately, over the weekend, my ass never touched the recumbent bike. I felt really achey and full of the cold over the weekend. A couple of folks in my office had it bad last week and I felt like I may have picked up a lite-version of it. I still don't feel 100% today, I can't keep warm no matter how much tea I drink or how tightly I hug the rads.

My hunny felt like shit over the weekend too. He found out last week that he has a couple of kidney stones. This absolutely explains his bouts of feeling crappy recently. He was in a lot of discomfort over the weekend so we didn't go too far. We also didn't "crap out" on food like we could have. I mean, we did order pizza at one point over the weekend but there was leftovers for lunch yesterday and I had a slice today for my lunch. It's strange though, ordering a medium and having some leftover, that's real progress for us. I cooked dinner last night (normally my hunny prepares the lion's share of our meals - which is why we had pizza on saturday). I made a casserole with lots of veggies, tuna, some pasta and fat-free cheese. I was a little heavy handed with the black pepper but it turned out okay. Tonight we should be back to normal because I had a call about 90 minutes ago from a very happy camper who had just passed a stone.

So yeah, that was the weekend for me. Nothing exciting, nothing very great to report but nothing too horrible either. Considering how tough I find the weekends, I am pretty happy with this one. Next week will be even better I'm sure.

No comments: