Friday, March 07, 2008

sad ride

This will be a good news / bad news post. Really, it's all good so I shouldn't complain but what the hell, it's my journal and I can whine if I want to.

Last night when we got home, even though I'd been feeling like someone was kicking me in the stomach and had been feeling that way all day, I decided to ride the bike. I put my track pants and tshirt on, grabbed up a load of laundry and went downstairs.

I threw the load into the machine, hopped onto the bike and Dr. Phil was on. I decided to limit the ride to 10 minutes and see how I did. It wasn't fantastic, I rode 2.26 miles and while that was a bit of a disappointment, I tried to focus on the fact that I did do 10 minutes on the bike which is better than nothing. It was particularly good considering how shitty I was feeling. Tonight, maybe I'll do 15 minutes. I keep telling myself that anything I do is better than not doing anything at all, I just don't believe myself some of the time.

No comments: