Friday, October 07, 2005

almost the weekend

howdy kids.

This morning, in a moment of stupidity I guess, I stepped on the scales. The number hadn't changed since I'd last hopped on, a couple of weeks ago now I guess. This pleasantly surprised me as I'd really expected a gain. I mean, I've been on vacation, I've been stressed out, I've not been in any regular exercise routine since I mucked up my back two weeks ago and oh yeah, I'm in the middle of my period right now.

Maintaining is a good motivation for me to get my ass back in gear. I expect to be working for at least part of this weekend (I just need a few hours in the office, alone, to get caught up on a few things) so hopefully that will distract me from absent-minded weekend snacking. Oh yeah, it's Thanksgiving here too. Fortunately we're having dinner at my mum's place so I won't have to worry about nibbling on leftovers after the event's over. Yikes.

I still feel like I'm under a cloud, in a funk. Partly because of work, partly because of the funeral yesterday, mostly because it's almost pitch black outside right now and it's raining. Even in my funk, I try to keep focused on the good stuff. I'm looking forward to sunny days, a more manageable workload and getting back on my bike. It might not happen but a girl's gotta dream, right?

No comments: