Friday, October 28, 2005

weigh in

Don't ask me how because I have NO idea but I'm down 2 pounds this week. Even with all of those mini chocolate bars I managed to lose 2 pounds. So, 2 down, 38 to go towards my first "sorta biggish" mini-goal.

The past couple of days have been busy so I haven't been in front of the machine much. Well, I've been in front a computer a lot but I haven't found much blogging time. Things at work feel much better this week, probably better than they have in a really long time. The other day, I had a very long (like about 90 minutes long) discussion with my boss about a number of things, workload included. A couple of weeks ago, when I was in the office on a Saturday, a colleague popped in to pick up some supplies for an out-of-town event. She made an off-hand comment about how I should work Tuesdays to Saturdays because I'm able to get so much done on Saturdays (when the phone isn't ringing and I'm not faced with constant interruptions). I mentioned this to my boss and she gave me permission to do it, if I wanted to. So, for the month of November at least, I'm planning on changing my schedule. On Saturdays, I'll go in from 7 to 2, working straight through, and that way, I'll still have Saturday afternoon free and I can have Monday to myself. I don't think that I'd want to do this long-term but it should help me dig myself out of the hole that I'm in right now. The knot in my neck feels smaller than it has in ages so this must be a good thing.

I knew that if I could just suck it up and ride it out, everything would be okay eventually. It's still not perfect but then nothing ever is. At least work is feeling manageable again. Now, if I can just sort the other areas of my life out, all will be fine.

No comments: