Wednesday, October 05, 2005

hey

We had a wonderful weekend, just terrific. We got home early Monday evening and the drive both ways was relatively painless. I'm working on a post about the trip which will most likely show up on my other blog. Also, I have posted some photos from our trip over at Flickr and I have more to add when I have time.

As I suspected, we did a lot of walking. One thing I was not expecting was that we wouldn't be eating much. It was very odd, considering how much time we usually spend in restaurants whenever we visit New York. On the way down on Friday afternoon, we grabbed a chicken sandwich and a diet coke at the BK in Pulaski, NY. We never did get to eat dinner because, by the time we got into Brooklyn and checked in to our hotel, all the neighbourhood places were closed (we stayed in Borough Park, in a really religious neighbourhood, in a hasidic hotel and it was Friday night after all). On Saturday, we had brunch at the Carnegie Deli and dinner in Chinatown. We made it through an entire trip without one pretzel, cool huh?? We did pick up a couple of buns at a Chinese bakery which we ate later on, on Saturday night. We actually had eaten an early dinner and went back to the hotel for an evening of bad tv and lots of sleep (resting up for the concert the next day) so the buns were a really nice treat. Sunday and Monday were much the same, two meals each day, very little snacking.

I'm not sure what the scales will say when I finally get on them. Since we've been back, I've had one crazy busy day at work and here at home, I spent all of last night and most of this morning doing laundry. I also finally got my period, when we got home (about 10 days late) so I'm feeling a bit like a wet noodle right now, a happy wet noodle but a wet noodle all the same.

No comments: