Saturday, October 15, 2005

thanks

I want to thank everyone who has left me supportive messages and/or emailed me over the past few days, it's helped a lot.

Today I went back into the office again (2nd Saturday in a row) to get some stuff done. Mostly on Saturdays, I try to organize the chaos and get through the things that are tough to manage when the phones are going nuts. I knew that I really had no choice in the matter because Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, when I left the office and got into the car, I started hyper-ventilating which was followed by deep, deep sobbing. For weeks now, I've had a knot in my neck. Right now, for the first time in days, it feels less painful that it has. Maybe that's a sign that things are getting better. Hope so.

When I finished at the office, I picked up my hunny (who was also working) and we went and did some errands. One of the errands included picking up fish and chips. Yeah, you heard it, chips. French fried potatoes, hand cut, salted and covered in malt vinegar. I shouldn't have done it but I did and it was yummy. We brought them home and watched some taped episodes of Eastenders. It was nice to just tune out, enjoy the meal and forget about work for a couple of hours. When we finished, I went and lay down on my bed. Mostly I wanted to rest my neck and I figured I'd do that for 20 minutes or so and then get going on my laundry. 2 hours later, I woke up when the phone rang. I felt amazing. So much better than before. The sleep did me a world of good. I'm still feeling a little sleepy now and think I'll be okay today so I'm going to skip my pill.

Tomorrow I plan to sleep late, do some housework, get the laundry done and visit the LOG. Monday I'm home with the furnace guys. I've brought my laptop home from work so I may do a little work, I'm not sure. A good friend of mine, who I haven't seen in entirely too long is coming over for coffee in the morning and I hope to not talk about work while we catch up.

Other than work though, nothing much is new. I realize that until I can get my head sorted out and get work under control, I'm not going to be able to concentrate 100% on my weight loss efforts but, we have a plan. My hunny and I have decided that starting Monday, there will be no unhealthy food coming into the house. We've both been too slack lately and it's gotta stop. If I'm stressed and I wanna overeat, at least, if there is no junk in the house, I'll "overeat" apples and celery instead of cookies. Just because my job is all nutso doesn't mean that I have to gain 20 pounds while I wait for the shit to settle.

No comments: