Tuesday, October 11, 2005

blahhh

I've got the Tuesday-after-the-long-weekend-and-I-don't-wanna-be-here-blues folks.

I'm at work, taking a really quick little break to eat my healthy, home-packed lunch. It's not boredom and a lack of stuff to do that is making me blue, quite the opposite actually. I popped into the office on Saturday to do an hour or so of digging out. I wanted some time to organize my desk and figure out what I needed to do. The hour turned into four hours. I got a lot done but I have this knot in my neck that I cannot shake and I know it's work related. Figuring out how to let go of it is way more difficult than I thought.

Right now, I also feel like I'm letting down the LOG and my folks as we have barely seen them just recently. My house is grubby too. Oh, we also ate way too much over the holiday weekend. Icing on the top of my dried out and crumbling cake. When life gives you stale cake, just add ice cream, right? Wrong, no cake, no ice cream...goodness I suck.

I did get the laundry completely caught up over the weekend, cleaned up the bathrooms, pushed the vacuum around a bit. The house is neat and tidy, it's just not as clean as I'd like. We also still have more of our belongings in boxes than I'd like. Given that we packed up most of the stuff in March (and it's now October), I wonder how much of it is really necessary in my life. Part of me feels badly that stuff isn't put away and pictures aren't hanging on the walls but part of me likes the sparseness of it. The lack of clutter relaxes me when I'm home.

Anyway, weight-loss, yeah, that's what this blog is about. I'm pretty sure that there won't be any this week. I have to pull my winter clothes out sometime this week (didn't get to it over the weekend) and I'm dreading another winter of wearing the same old crappy stuff. It's all a little too big for me but I'm not small enough for the next size down so I just look like a frump. I may have to break down and try to find some new pants for work I guess. The only thing I have bought for fall this year is two terrific looking knock-off purses when we were in NYC last weekend. I guess I'm a frump with good shoes and fabulous handbags.

Perhaps you'll notice that while I may moan about how busy work is, I'm not making excuses for the over eating and lack of enthusiasm for my fitness regime. I'm through with excuses, I'm just going to fess up whenever I fuck up. Thanksgiving weekend was a fuck up and it's over now. Healthy dinner at home tonight, hopefully a walk between the end of our meal and the start of the "biggest loser." If not a walk, definitely a ride tomorrow morning. No more fuck ups, not this week anyway.

No comments: