Wednesday, October 12, 2005

off the hook

I apologize in advance for the rambling nature of this post. I'm having a hard time concentrating on any one thing at the moment.

Fortunately, we don't have do dinner with the LOG tonight. He begged of going out which is fine by me. I think that tonight I'd rather eat at home anyway. We managed to make it through the entire weekend without going to a restaurant. That actually just occurred to me right now. It's probably the first time that it's happened in, wow, I don't know how long. Probably whenever we last had a good, heavy snowfall.

Daytime eating continues to be good this week. Nights are tough though. Last night, fortunately, biggest loser was on and I just cannot bring myself to snack, not even on healthy stuff, while that is on. Truth is, I don't need to snack in the evenings. I'm not hungry at all, it's just a boredom thing. I'm bored and stressed and the food is a comfort / entertainment thing for me when I feel like this. Not good, I know.

From about 3 a.m. onwards this morning, I was awake about every 15 minutes or so. We get up at 4:30 or so, so it's not a huge deal but I think I really looked like crap when I saw myself in the mirror's reflection. The big huge black circles I'm sporting under my eyes are not very pretty. The feeling of being completely overwhelmed is covering me again today and I just feel unhappy. Even when I'm laughing and hanging out at home with my sweetie I don't feel terrific. I cannot wait for things to lighten up a bit at work so I can relax again. Something's gotta give, soon, or I'm gonna go completely mad.

No comments: