Wednesday, October 19, 2005

argh

It's mid-week already and I cannot believe it, really, I can't. The time is flying by just recently in a manner that doesn't thrill me. Like yesterday, I went back to work after staying home all day Monday waiting for the furnace guys to show (they never did -- they ended up coming yesterday). I had forgotten that I had a 2 hour meeting, mid-morning. I was barely making a dent in the debris on my desk when I had to dash off to that. The next thing I knew, I was digging through the rubble again but it was 1 p.m.

We bought several lottery tickets for the Friday and Saturday night draws but didn't win a penny. So much for that plan huh?? I must say, today, I feel better than I have in a couple of weeks. The pain in my neck is slowly fading away and I'm sleeping better. Of course, I can thank my tiny little blue pills for the sleep but still, I feel more rested. Working on Saturdays has been helpful but I don't want to continue with it. I'm hoping that this weekend, I won't have to do it. Goodness knows that my house is beyond grubby right now and I really should spend a whole day cleaning. On Monday, when I was at home, I didn't want to get started on my laundry because the laundry room is next to the furnace room... One thing I did accomplish was finally unpacking my winter clothes and putting the summer stuff away. Eventually I got the laundry done too but I didn't have a lot of energy to do much else. When I wasn't working, I slept a lot over the weekend. I'm probably coping with the stress a little better this week because I'm not totally, physically exhausted.

As far as weight stuff goes, I'm feeling really fat right now. I haven't stepped on the scale in several days but I know that I have to be "up." My face looks rounder to me, I just feel bloated and gross. Also, I have two zits on my chin. Again, it's probably from stress and the bad eating that was happening around here. I feel like such a blob. One thing that we've stuck to this week is the no buying of the junk food. No crap has come into this house and I intend to keep it that way. I want this journal to be about having a healthy lifestyle and about losing weight again. I'm tired of writing about how miserable I feel and how unhappy I've been recently. My game plan right now is to keep up with the no junk food thing, continue to get lots of rest and start back on the exercise regime on the weekend. As always, I just have to take it one step at a time, one day at a time, and get back on track. Ideally, I'd love to be 5 pounds into "virgin fat" territory by Christmas. I think that this is a reasonable goal and it would be terrific for me to start the New Year at an "all time low" weight.

No comments: