Wednesday, July 20, 2005

breezy

The humidity finally broke last night. Right now, I can feel a slight breeze through my office window and we were able to turn off our air conditioning. It's still hot here though. I work in a basement of an old building though so I know this breeze and the coolness is artificial. It's hotter than blazes upstairs.

One thing I noticed, as soon as the air cleared, was that my head filled up. The pollution must keep the crap that irritates my allergies down. It's the downside of clean air but I'm not complaining. One of the first things that popped into my head this morning when I woke up was that I had only had "two more sleeps" until we are off for a week's "vacation." We don't have plans to go anywhere but my plan is to relax, eat well, get some exercise, read some books, do some gardening. Basically, I want to putter and pamper myself and end the week feeling rested.

So far, this week has been a bit of a struggle as far as eating goes. I guess it's just pms but I'm craving carbs in a big way, toast, bagels, that kind of stuff. It I know it could be worse and that I could find myself diving head-first into a large bag of doritos. I also know that the cravings are hormonal but that doesn't make it any easier to fight them. I know that I have eaten "too much" the past couple of days and still, knowing it isn't stopping me from doing it. I hate to whine but it's been really really hard recently. I really thought that by July, I'd be well into virgin fat territory and yet, here I sit, still struggling to get back to where I was a year ago. Oh well, /whine. It really doesn't help either that the breeze blowing through my open window is bringing the smell of the chip truck down the hill in with it. aarrggh!

No comments: