Thursday, July 21, 2005

one more sleep

I'm so excited about our week off next week. With the Civic Holiday included, we've got 10 days off. We're now thinking that we might take a couple of days and road trip up to Lake Simcoe but the number one thing on our list is still taking it easy.

Today I'm feeling so terrific, the best I've felt in weeks actually. Considering that TOM is just around the corner, this is pretty remarkable. My hunny has today off from work so we didn't need to get up at 4:15 a.m. I slept in until 6:30 a.m. today!! I felt so rested when I got up, so nice. The humidity is creeping back in but it's not bothering me as much as it was. I'm wondering if a lot of my problems are from us plain old not getting enough sleep through the week. Anything's possible I suppose. I must admit too, with more rest, I'm not finding that I've been having those nagging carb cravings so far today. This morning though, I did break down and buy myself a coffee. I can't remember the last time I had one and it tastes so good. Yum!!

Other than sleep and coffee, there isn't much to report on. Last night, we actually did a little bit of walking. It was warm outside but there was a bit of a breeze so that was nice. Now, most of our walking was in the form of starting and stopping and shopping but it was walking all the same. Slowly but surely, my foot is feeling better and, as long as I wear "good" shoes, the pain is kept at a minimum. What this means mostly is that I'll be okay to do some serious walking when we're on holidays. I can't wait!!

No comments: