Friday, July 22, 2005

tgif

The promise of a vacation creates a type of inspiration, second to none. This morning, in 20 minutes, I accomplished something that I have been putting off for months now because I was sure it would take me hours to complete. It was an organizational / cleaning / filing project in my little corner of the office. I had boxes everywhere, papers piled up in messy mounds and a drawer that was getting increasingly difficult to close. Now, I'm all organized and tidied up and, should anyone need to find something in my desk while I'm away, they will actually have half a shot at it.

So yeah, vacation. In a little more than 3 hours I'll be off for 10 whole days. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I started a little of my "pre-company" cleaning ritual this morning. This particular house guest is a single guy so I'm not going to "white glove inspection" level but I did clean up the room he'll be staying in, put fresh linens on his bed (changed our bed) and sorted out some piles of crap that were annoying me. Yesterday, while I was at work, my hunny moved my computer from the spot we dumped in when we moved in to the spot I wanted in. He also sorted through a bunch of stuff that has been just floating around and he fixed some stuff that was messed up on my pc. He also mowed the front lawn and it looks pretty good.

Tonight, I'm going to clean the bathrooms and tomorrow morning I plan to start on the gardening. I have a bunch of weeding to do at the front of the house (and I know that this particular activity will burn a crap load of calories!!). In our backyard, there isn't really any grass, it's just weeds. We can't really mow it so I guess we'll have to get the weed whacker out and clean it up that way. My hope is that if we get our "chores" done over the weekend, we can coast for the rest of our break.

Next week, I'm not sure if I'll be checking in here or not. I guess I'll just see what happens. In any event, have a lovely weekend and stay cool!!

No comments: