Thursday, July 07, 2005

checking in

I don't have a whole lot to say today but I want to keep up my pattern of posting on the weekdays. This part of my routine shouldn't change just because everything else is a little messed up.

We saw LOG last night and he seems much better than he was. He's still very frail and weak but he seems to have relocated the marbles he lost earlier in the week and I think he's settling into the routine of the place. A sure sign that he's feeling better is that he complained about the food and wants a phone. He'll have a phone connected on Saturday which should make him happy. His brother and nephew are visiting him today (from out of town) and my mum & dad stopped by to see him last night so I'm sure any feelings he was having that we'd just abandoned him there are fading away. I sure hope so. Neither of us have slept much since he moved to the nursing home. I'm tired but can't settle down and sleep. I think we're both pretty much over tired from the events of the past week. Fortunately, other than visiting LOG and getting a few groceries, we don't have much to do this weekend. We should get rested up if all goes well.

Anyway, in the wake of what's happened in London this morning, hug someone you love and stay safe. Live on this planet just sucks the big one sometimes.

No comments: