Tuesday, July 19, 2005

missed

I didn't post anything yesterday because I couldn't think of anything to say. This heatwave which we are currently experiencing has made me brain dead. Even though I'm lucky enough to work in a partly air conditioned building and I sleep in a lovely air conditioned room, the transition in and out of the hot and the cold is killing me. It's not just me either, I see it in all of my co-workers. Folks look tired and cranky. I imagine that in time, a body would adjust to this. I don't mind the heat at all, not one little bit, but the humidity, the thick hot stinky air, gives me a headache. Never in my whole life have I ever seen weather like this. It will not break, it's been almost 3 weeks now I think. It should not "feel like" 98 degrees at 9 a.m., every morning.

The other thing that the heat does is make me want to be lazy. We haven't really cooked much over the past week or so. We've been living on sandwiches and salads at home. Over the weekend, I really didn't pay much attention to what I ate but I know it wasn't good. The only really good thing I can think of is that we didn't eat out at all over the weekend. You know it's hot when it's too hot for us to dine out.

I have still been drinking a lot of water, more for survival than for anything related to weight-loss. Exercise is more miss than hit too. I have been moving a lot of boxes around at home though so, that's something. Boxes of books too, heavy ones. Even though visiting LOG and running errands for him is taking up more time than it did when he was living with us, I'm still trying to get my office sorted out. Once I get the books all unpacked it'll be okay. In the meantime however, it's chaotic.

As you can see, I really didn't have much to say today either but I posted anyway. Hopefully, it's cool and breezy wherever you are. I know I can't take much more of this humidity so I'm hoping for cool and breezy here.

No comments: