Monday, May 09, 2005

day 12 - week 1

I sat myself down over the weekend had a good conversation. I gave myself a reality check about how the next couple of weeks are going to play out. Our lives have been chaotic for about the past 6 weeks. I expect that they will stay that way until after we get moved. We move on May 25. The weekend was not stellar as far as eating goes. As always, it could have been worse and, in the past, would have definitely been way worse, but it wasn't great. We ate out a couple of times, we snacked on crap a couple of others. Fortunately, we didn't go to Costco for bulk quantities of m&m/chocolate chip cookies or to the bulk barn for chocolate. Trust me, this is a huge deal.

The motivation for the reality check is that I don't want to get myself all into a state if I don't lose any weight over the next couple of weeks. Between my birthday and having no routine, I expect that we'll be eating a few more meals out. If I can maintain my weight until after the move, I'll be a very happy girl.

Over the weekend, we went out and bought new appliances for our kitchen. We purchased this stove, this fridge and a Bosch dishwasher, all in black. We spent way more than I thought we would but we got all of the features that we wanted. Primarily, my hunny, who is a chef and does the vast majority of our cooking, wanted a gas stove. The house we're moving into doesn't have gas currently so we'll have to have the city bring it to the house before we can hook it up. This means that for the first month or so that we're in the house we'll either be barbecuing or eating raw food. Given the time of year, I'm not too worried about it. We've made a decision that only good, healthy food will go into our new appliances. Clean start in a new house and all of that. It should be easy to stick to. Once all of this house nonsense is sorted, it'll be easier for us to stick with things.

I'm still resisting the temptation to go out and buy new summer-y clothes, even though the temperature is starting to rise. I just can't let myself do it until I'm down a size. I made that promise to myself and it's one I'm actually going to keep!!

Anyway, once again, its Monday so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 1
  • I did "intentional" exercise 4 days last week. This isn't as fabulous as ut sounds (ie I worked out for shorter periods of time) but it's a huge improvement over the week before.
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • forgot to weighed-in "officially" on Friday. I had a huge "weird" gain mid-week, which I discarded. I'm back to where I was the previous week so I either gained and lost 11 pounds or I maintained. Either way, right now, at the end of week 1, I'm at 13 pounds lost since January.

No comments: