Monday, May 16, 2005

day 19 - week 2

Happiness is a cancelled meeting. When I got in this morning, I discovered that a meeting I was supposed to go to this morning had been cancelled. Sometimes, suddenly getting back 90 minutes can make a huge difference in a day. After being away on Friday, I've got lots of stuff to get caught up on so I'm not too upset about this!

Thank you for all of the happy birthday wishes. My weekend was a lot of fun although I ate way too much food. Honestly, I knew that this would happen and I'm not upset about it, nor will I apologize. It was my birthday and there was a lot of celebrating going on, food was eaten, cocktails were consumed, it was fun and it's over.

This morning I woke up at my normal time, got my hunny off to work and, instead of going back to bed for an extra 30 minutes, I hauled my ass out of bed and got on my recumbent bike. It had been 2 weeks since I had done that. Over the weekend, in the midst of the celebration, I felt really fat. My body was sluggish and easily tired and I know that this is primarily due to a lack of intentional exercise. I missed it and my body missed it. I'd like to say that I had a gung ho, hour long workout this morning but it didn't happen that way. I did do about 15 minutes of stretching and then rode the bike for 15 minutes, a total of 3.47 miles. Tomorrow I plan to do 20 minutes and to do some more stretching as well as some arms and abs exercises. Whatever exercise I do this week will help me get through the painting and moving that will follow this weekend and next week. I am sorry that I let myself slide as far as the exercise component goes but it feels good to be back into it today.

Anyway, once again, its Monday so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 2
  • Other than a small amount of walking and some packing (and moving some boxes around), did not get any intentional exercise in last week.
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • I totally forgot to weigh-in over the weekend. By the time I remembered, it was later in the day and I'd already eaten something so I didn't bother. I'm sure that it would just have been upsetting anyway so I'm guessing I did not miss much. This week should be better.

No comments: