Tuesday, May 10, 2005

day 13 - bye bye board

The other day, the fabulous Bev sent me an email which I am sure many of you also received. She wanted to let the members of the Weigh-Better board know that she was shutting it down. I completely understand why she's doing it and the other forum's she mentioned in her email are great, some of them I already belong to. For one reason or another though, the only one I ever stuck to was hers.

For those of you who never hung out on Bev's forum, it was a super accepting, supportive, nurturing place where anyone, regardless of their age, weight or fitness level, could feel comfortable spilling their guts about their personal weight-loss stories.

I want to take this opportunity to thank her publicly for giving all of us the board for as long as she did. This was something she did on her own time, out of her own pocket. It's a thankless job for sure. I know that without the forum, I probably would not have made it through the first few months of my own weight-loss journey. The support and encouragement I received from Bev, Trish and all the others on the board was amazing. I could get all soppy and stuff but I won't. I just wanted to say, for all the world to read, Thank you Bev. You're the best!!

No comments: