Thursday, May 19, 2005

lower expectations

Posts are going to be increasingly sporadic over the next few days. We close on the new house tomorrow. We should have the keys by the time I leave work tomorrow.

Sadly, I don't have much good news to report about actual fitness and/or weight-loss. This morning, instead of working out, I packed five more boxes of kitchen (I almost typed "chicken") stuff. I plan to do the same thing tomorrow morning. Friday night, when we actually get into the house, I'm going to move the kitchen stuff myself. Hopefully, by the time the furniture and the rest of our stuff arrives at the new house on Wednesday, the kitchen will be fully functional, painted and cleaned. It may not work out like that but it might too.

I've been attempting to squash this nervous feeling by eating this week. Mostly I've been binging on toast. Something about toast is incredibly comforting for me and I can't stop it. In the mornings, instead of having my regular healthy breakfast (juice, fruit, cereal, organic soy milk), I've been having my juice with several pieces of bread and margarine. Not good.

This will change. Things will get better. We'll get moved and life will get back to normal. I can't wait for that. I keep trying to pull my head out of my ass and sort myself out but I can't seem to do it properly with everything else that is happening. I hate feeling like this, like I'm out of control. By this time next week, we will have moved and life will settle down a bit. I realize that I have used this move and all of the stress we've been experiencing as an excuse to just fall off of the wagon. I feel like a broken record but seriously, after the move is over...my head will get pulled out of my ass, regular workouts will return and all will be well.

No comments: