Tuesday, November 08, 2005

bad night, good morning

Sunday night, we had a weird wind storm here. All night, I'd fall asleep for about 30 minutes or so, only to wake up to the sound of the wind. Last night, after dinner, I was exhausted. I couldn't wait to put my head down on my pillow. Unfortunately, for some odd reason, I couldn't sleep. I lay there, eyes wide open for a couple of hours. Off and on, all night, I kept walking up. Finally, about 10 minutes before my alarm was set to go off, I got up. When I got up, I groped around in the dark for my workout gear and headed downstairs. This morning, for the first time in a while, I got back on my bike. I didn't do an entire interval program but I did ride for about 2.5 miles. I was really feeling it in my thighs particularly and didn't want to push myself too hard, first morning back and all. I felt good about it afterwards and, as always, quietly chastised myself for not getting back into this sooner. Oh well, better late than never, right? The little ride this morning seems to have undone the "damage" that two bad nights of sleep had done to me. Hopefully tonight, I'll sleep better than I have been.

I'm still feeling good about my food choices yesterday, today should be the same, I have my meals planned out. Tomorrow, I'll increase my distance on the bike and by the beginning of next week, should be back up to at least 4 miles per day. I realized this morning how much I missed my recumbent and, when I'm riding more often, it makes walking easier. I want to be able to walk all of our neighbourhood inclines without huffing and puffing, I really want to be fit. I was well on my way before and I allowed myself to get side-tracked. I'm going to work very hard to not let that happen again.

No comments: