Friday, November 18, 2005

going back on my word

Many, many months ago, I made a deal with myself that I would not buy any new clothes until I was down another size. I made it through the summer months without losing any sizes or serious pounds and therefore didn't buy any new clothes. Eventually, I had to break down and buy new underwear but the other stuff, I just made due with.

It's become increasingly evident that I can't do this any longer. I have lots of nice casual/weekend stuff and still have several really dressy outfits (which were purchased for various work functions that I must attend from time to time). What I'm lacking though, is regular work clothes. I am afraid that I need (desperately) to go out this weekend and pick up some new things. I hate that the stuff I wear everyday to the office is getting worn looking and I'm tired of the same stuff all of the time. I also hate that I'm not going to be able to get into smaller sizes this time out. Hopefully, this sad, necessary shopping trip will inspire me to get back on track and stay there.

No comments: