Monday, November 07, 2005

re-thinking my day

I woke up this morning feeling tired and fat. Fat and tired. Blobby and black-eye-circled. Just generally yucky. My favourite cords feel a little snug in the waist and thighs when I sit, my face looks much rounder to me today than it has in a while. I also feel pale. Not good. Given that I had a meeting booked for the morning, that I was in no way looking forward to, I couldn't see that this day would be good at all.

When my hunny picked me up after work, he told me that he was feeling kind of yucky. Achey and malaised (I don't care that "malaised" isn't a word). The same way I'd felt on Saturday night. It was the weirdest thing. We'd gone out late in the afternoon to do some errands and had a late lunch / early dinner while out. When we got home, put stuff away and started to chill out, I got really chilled, like seriously cold. My whole body hurt and I just wanted to get into bed. We ended up watching television in the bedroom and, after a hot drink, I felt a lot better but it was weird. Like a 24 minute bug (only it was more like a couple of hours, not 24 minutes). Ever since then, I've felt a little off and so has he.

Neither one of us could face the prospect of cooking tonight so I suggested that we stop off at our favourite Vietnamese place. It's in the neighbourhood and they have the best soup. I insisted that we'd only eat soup, no spring rolls, no rice, no anything but soup. I'm happy to say that we did just that. We ordered soup and water and both feel better for it. There is something in their soup that just restores me, body and soul. I'm still a little achey, my pants are still a little tight but I feel much better now than I have all day. Also, for the first time in a few days, I can honestly say that my eating has been okay today, on plan actually. I even logged stuff on fitday so I have proof.

I really want to have more days like this. Well, not so much the I feel fat and gross and want to crawl back into bed days but the, I made good food choices for my body days. I'm getting really tired of the rollercoaster of a couple of very good days followed by total off-the-rails overeating. It's been up and down and just bad overall recently. There is no way I'm going to get to my 40 pounds down by January 1st if I keep this up. Hell, I'll be lucky if I haven't gained back the two I lost last week. Anyway, that's my day, in a nut-shell. Soup folks, it'll do you a world of good, I can't recommend it highly enough!

No comments: