Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I suck, er.. I ache

I did not ride my bike this morning. I was up early, I had the workout gear on but could not do it. Allow me to explain... and this is an explanation, not an excuse. Yesterday, when I woke up (after two less than sleep-filled nights), my lower back was a little stiff. It wasn't horrible pain, it just felt strained. I ignored it, did some stretching and then got on the bike. By the time I got out of the shower, the pain was almost gone. Later in the day, I had to go a meeting across campus. The walk over was okay. I wasn't winded but my back was definitely letting me know that it was there. The chairs in the meeting room (this was a 3.5 hour meeting!!) were horrible. They looked good but were sort of "food court" style chairs, very hard and uncomfortable. Even with breaks and what not, the chair had done me in. Walking back to the office, I took it very slowly and my back was very stiff.

Fast forward to this morning.... I get up about an hour before the alarm and literally crawl into the bathroom. I get back into bed and sleep for about 30 minutes. Eventually I get up, get into my workout clothes and try to talk myself into the ride. I tried and tried and just could not do it. Going up and down the stairs would not help. I think I made the right decision. I'm still moving a little slow right now (damn chairs!!). Tonight I plan to have a really long soak in the tub and tomorrow I should be good as new. Because of the lack of exercise, I'm being extra careful about my food today, so far, so good. Tonight will be the challenge because we're scheduled to go out with LOG for dinner. It's always so tough to be good when you're in a restaurant, not impossible, just hard. I shall do my best, that's really all I can do!

No comments: