Friday, November 04, 2005

so, goals...

It's almost the weekend. It's been a really weird week for me. I had Monday off of work because I worked on the weekend. On Wednesday, I was home sick. It was just a bad headache, nothing long and lingering but it threw me off and I literally didn't do anything all day. Well, I slept.

Last night, after dinner, I dragged my hunny out for a walk. We didn't plan to go far, sort of an adjusted walk around the block. I wanted to drop a card off at a friend's house. She lives on a side street that runs off of the street that our house backs onto. No big deal I thought. We got down to the corner and I was enjoying the walk. It was really warm last night so it felt good to be outside. When we turned the corner to get onto the street behind our house, we suddenly faced a gradual, but pretty steep incline. This incline increased all the way to her front door. I had totally forgotten that this particular part of the neighbourhood was all hilly. Suddenly, I was sweating and breathing heavy. I had a fleece jacket on and that made me feel over-heated. I felt so out of shape. I do know that part of my problem was just having eaten dinner but still, that was only part of the problem. We made it there and back in one piece but I was really pooped by the time we got home (and we'd probably only been walking for 25 minutes or so). I was pretty disgusted with myself for huffing and puffing so much. I also felt good about the fact that we actually walked the card over instead of hopping in the car. We plan to walk again tonight, this time before dinner, and a little bit of a flatter route. I'm sure it'll go much smoother and I'm looking forward to building up to much longer, hilly-er walks but boy howdy, last night kicked my butt.

As far as the goals I set for myself last week, I don't think I'm doing so well. Let's see:

- journal all of my food on fitday

nope, that sort of petered out mid-week last week. I did start doing it again this morning though. If I do it all weekend, it should help keep me on track.

- no muffins, cookies, donuts or cupcakes will be eaten at meetings (or brought back to my desk after!)

I did this one, actually. Wow, good for me huh??

- no unplanned between meal snacks

This one I managed while I was at work. Snacking at home over the weekends is still sort of bad. I need to plan my weekends better I think.

- intentional exercise at least 3 times during the week and at least once over the weekend

um, no. Not quite anyway. Last night though, inspired me to get back into my exercise routine again in a serious way. I really hate how out of shape I feel.

- only one meal "out" per week (our night out with LOG)

We got kind of messed up with this one too. Last week was okay (one night out for noodle soup). This week, we've been out twice already.

- no snacking on halloween candy (the sooner I get the stuff into goodie bags the better)

Actually, this one was easy because I ended up buying chips (which we don't like) after the mini-chocolate bar fiasco.

- increase my water intake (it's been very very low just recently)

yeah, I definitely did this too. So, yay, overall, not horrible. Hopefully next week will improve!!

No comments: