Thursday, November 10, 2005

things are looking up

Last night, as I got ready for bed, I was still feeling weirdly stiff. I had muscle aches in my back and sides as if I'd done a bunch of sit-ups...but incorrectly, do you know the strain I'm talking about? Anyway, I never did get that big soak in the tub but I had a good night's sleep and felt better for it this morning. I managed to drag myself down to the bike again this morning and rode only slightly further (2.6 miles this time) than Tuesday but I'm still happy about that.

From the little bit of blog reading I'm doing these days, I gather that I'm not the only one who has been in a bit of a funk lately. I'm not sure if we can blame it on the changing weather or anxiety about the holidays or just general laziness. Whatever it is, I'm sure we can all kick it together.

I'm still journaling my food. I'm being extremely honest with myself and my journal, just like in the old days. If I go over what my nutritional goals are for the day, I don't beat myself up about it. If I've learned nothing from all the journaling I've done, it's that it shows me my patterns and weak moments. The more I know about this stuff, the easier it will be for me to correct it.

On a different note... Biggest Loser. Much like a rubber-necker driving past a bad crash on the highway, I cannot stop watching this show. I was super pissed that Shannon was voted off this week. I don't look around spoiler sites so I'm not sure if the winner's name is floating around somewhere but I really hope it's not that cry-baby Matt. I'm so sick of him. I really hope it's either Dr Jeff or Suzy. In a pinch, Seth. But Matt, or Andrea, no way please. / of mini-rant about meaningless crap!!

No comments: