Friday, December 02, 2005

celebrate with me!

Every time I get up to walk to the printer, I have to pass by a plate of fresh baked brownies. All you can smell in the hallway is chocolate. It's so unfair. I don't have the energy to white-knuckle things today. sheesh!!

Okay, enough about delicious brownies....today is day three of my re-re-re-start and I have a few NSV's to report:

1. No after-dinner snacking happened on either Wednesday or Thursday
2. I have recorded everything I have eaten for the past few days
3. I have repeated the healthy breakfast regime two whole days in a row

Not a bad start huh?? I know that it's kind of sad to report on such things but they mean a lot to me. They help me remind myself that this is something I can do. The little things that are hard now will become easy later on, once again, they'll become my habit instead of something I have to remind myself to do (or to not do!).

This morning, an email was circulated at work with the menu for our "big" office party. It's a luncheon, buffet, turkey and whatnot. Given that I'm not much of a turkey fan, I've requested the vegetarian option (so I won't get suckered in to eating mashed potatoes and gravy!!) and I've decided to skip dessert. I thought about asking for fruit but you know, given what I normally eat for lunch, the eggplant dish that they have on offer will probably be a lot bigger than my normal meal so I won't "need" dessert (seriously, when do we ever need dessert??). We have another holiday gathering at work (with our immediate department, not the entire organization) next week. Honestly, this is going to sound odd I know, but I'd prefer to get to see other folks in a professional development capacity. When it comes to these social events, I'd much rather stay at my desk and get some work done. I'm a freak, I know.

All of this holiday hub-bub is going to be tough to navigate but I'll get through it. I'm not being a hard-ass on myself or anything. I'll be having some cookies at Christmas, for sure. My plan is to keep my eating as "clean" as possible between now and January 1. This way, if I do have a few treats over the actual holiday weekend, I'll hopefully have lost maybe a pound or two by the end of the month, instead of gaining five. I know it's a far cry from my plan/goal to lose 40 pounds by January 1 but it's something.

No comments: