Wednesday, December 28, 2005

howdy

I have posted here a lot less often than I had thought I might. Partly I've not posted much because the past few days have been busy with Christmas stuff and more than a smidgen of over-eating.

Today is actually the first day since Christmas that I've not over-indulged. I wish I could say it was because I'm deliberately being "good" but it's not. I feel crappy, well less crappy now than I did this morning but I've picked up a bug somewhere. I say somewhere but I think I know where, exactly. On Boxing Day, we went to a fabulous open house at my aunt and uncle's. One of my cousins (not the host family kid, another aunt and uncle's child) brought his adorable 20 month old daughter to the shindig. Unfortunately, his wife was not able to attend as she was at home vomiting. Now, the cute daughter was not sick herself but I'm sure she was a carrier and she crawled and climbed all over all of us at one point or another during the afternoon. I woke up in the night last night, bathed in sweat and feeling nauseous. I slept for a good chunk of the afternoon and awoke, famished (not having eaten a bite all day). I had some toast and sprite and still feel achey but the sick tummy thing seems to be gone. Ahh, what would the holidays be without getting sick huh??

So, Christmas Day, Boxing day and even yesterday were full of big yummy meals, chips, cookies, just generally bad snacking type of things that could have been enjoyed in moderation. The bad eating probably contributed to the bug too, I'm pretty sure. So, that's what I've been upto. I'm hoping that the rest of my vacation will be restful but not in a "I must rest because I'm sick" way. I'm quite looking forward to posting here again about actual fitness accomplishments and good stuff I've been doing.

No comments: