Wednesday, December 21, 2005

to melt I go

Thanks to the lovely and oooh sooo talented Ms Taylore, last year I discovered the joys of making Holiday Pretzel Treats. They were such a hit last year that I'm making them again this year, although I'm making twice as many. Lucky for me, and this is like the only time I'm able to show restraint around chocolate, I'm not a nibbler while baking. After the fact, after it's done and cooled and I have shared out the bulk of it with family and friends, I'll get into the left-overs. Hopefully, if I do this right, there won't be any left around the house.

Sadly, most of the stuff I bake is decadent and really yummy and full of empty calories. Fortunately, we got groceries on the weekend and picked up many healthy things to snack on. The challenge will be to stick to them and not indulge my "chocolate tooth."

No comments: