Thursday, December 15, 2005

guess what time it is??

It's holiday time!! Yes folks, that's right, it's time for me to start my vacation. I just got back from our big annual office holiday party and I've tied up a few loose ends so that I can actually not have to come into the office tomorrow. I am bringing my laptop home though. There is something that I need to do on Tuesday but my boss is giving me a 1/2 day for it later on.

Yay!! I don't go back into the office until January 4. Can you believe that?? It's almost three weeks!! Hopefully, the trend I started today at the luncheon will stick with me through the rest of the holidays.

Good holiday party things I did today:

1. Enjoyed a diet soda instead of having a "real" drink
2. Ordered the vegetarian selection instead of having turkey and the trimmings (it was eggplant and very yummy)
3. Took exactly 1 1/2 bites of the really yummy chocolate covered custard dessert thing and then pushed the rest away

I don't feel like any kind of martyr either. I made good choices and enjoyed the party and had a really nice visit with a colleague who I don't see very often so the whole thing was great.

Now, I have 9 days to get my christmas shit together. Wish me luck kiddos!!

No comments: