Monday, December 19, 2005

monday quickie

I thought I should probably pop in with a quick little post.

The weekend was a bit of a blur. On Friday, my first official day of vacation, I did laundry and finished up 4 home-made Christmas gifts. It was a really good feeling.

Thursday night, we popped out after work (but before the storm) and got the biggest chunk of our shopping finished. All that is left is like, um...doing my baking and picking up one of those cards you tuck money into (for my 19 year godson).

On Friday, we woke up to a huge, thick blanket of snow. It was pretty but boy, it was heavy. We had literally, a foot of snow on our front porch. It took everything I had to clear the steps and shovel the path to the driveway. Fortunately for us, we have a lovely neighbour who will snow-blow for beer. Sweet deal, really. He did the driveway, which is a very good thing because I know it would have taken me all day.

So far, exercise has consisted of shopping and shoveling. Eating has been a little unstructured but we didn't eat in a restaurant all weekend so that is a huge improvement for us. I should run along now. My hunny is home sick today, really sick, fever, back-ache, it's not good. Hopefully it'll be one of those 24 hour things. Poor dear.

No comments: