Tuesday, December 06, 2005

sunny mood

For the first time in weeks, I feel pretty good today. Over the past month and a bit, I've either been feeling really stressed or have had cold / flu symptoms. I think that remembering to take my vitamins and eating better is making a huge difference. It feels like I'm back into the groove of knowing, at the end of the day, that I have done more good things than bad for my body. At least this has been the case for the past week. I won't say that I haven't eaten "bad" stuff (we had pizza on Friday night, Chinese buffet last night) but it's been in moderate amounts so I feel like I'm gaining control. I'm more about the "gaining of control" than I am about the "losing of weight" because, I know that if I succeed at the first, the second will follow.

I realized this morning that I still need to bite the bullet and buy some new clothes. I have been avoiding it for the past couple of weeks. Even though I'm sure I'm losing (or not gaining -- I haven't stepped on the scale yet this week), I can't wait any longer. This weekend, I'm definitely going out to pick up a few things. I feel like such a slob these days. I have many outfits of the extremely dressy variety (which aren't good for regular work days) or lots of "nice" casual stuff that is too casual for the office. I need work clothes, thank goodness our office isn't really dressy, I should be able to get away with 2 or 3 new pairs of pants and a few sweaters. One thing I keep telling myself is that pants can always be taken in if they get too big...er, not if, when!! Positivity (is that even a word?), right?

I know that some new clothes (and a desperately needed hair cut) will make me feel better about myself and will reinforce my efforts to get back into control of my eating. Exercise is the next important step for me. I've been doing a little bit of walking but need to build on that. Slowly, but surely, I'm sorting my shit out. Finally!!

No comments: