Monday, December 05, 2005

wintery wonderland

It snowed here over the weekend. Yesterday actually, all day. Late in the afternoon it had finally stopped and I dragged my hunny outside to do some shovelling. Fortunately for us, the snow was of the light-fluffy variety so it wasn't heavy but boy, when you're not used to it, shovelling can really take it out of you.

In addition to the snow removal, we got a lot of stuff done around the house. We've been in the house 6 months already but it has only really felt like we're accomplishing stuff, the past few weeks. I found and pulled out all of my holiday decorations. I even got the tree up (and put the lights on, the decorations will have to wait until some evening this week). This is the first time in 3 or 4 years that I've done that. In our old place, I didn't have a lot of room for a tree so we didn't bother with it.

The nice thing about "getting stuff done" is that it didn't leave a lot of time to worry about snacking. We pretty much stuck to our meals all weekend and didn't do much munching. Now, having said that, we did have pizza on Friday night but, I just had a couple of slices for dinner and didn't spend the evening slowly devouring the whole thing. Slowly, I'm getting back into my groove and am feeling much better about things than I did last week.

I'm going to try to get back to doing this regularly again, so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week ending December 4
  • Kicked my own ass, hard and got back on track-ish
  • I took my vitamins 5 out of 7 days this week
  • met my daily water intake goal 5 out of 7 days
  • actually got on the scales this week
  • got outside and did a little exercise over the weekend, shovelling snow soooo counts!!
  • avoided after-meal snacks 5 out of 7 evenings

No comments: