Tuesday, December 13, 2005

mmmmm....mmmmm....mmmmm....mmmmm....

Oh my goodness, have you tried the new(ish - I just discovered them this week not sure they've actually been around) Source "Dessert Selection" yogurts?? I fell in love with their vanilla series and this new dessert group is yumm-eeee. Now, I know it's not nearly the same as having a "real" (read fatty, sugary wonderful) dessert but it's a nice snack. A little while ago, I had a lemon meringue parfait and right now I'm enjoying a chocolate cherry fondue. Now, don't get me wrong, there is no mistaking the fact that this is fat free yogurt but, it's sweet and it's 50 fat free calories and I'm very much enjoying it!

I haven't been around here too much. I've been kind of busy with work (getting ready to start my vacation -- my last day in the office for 2005 is December 15!) and of course, at home, we're trying to get holiday stuff sorted out. In amongst that, making time to see friends and try to catch our breath a little and actually enjoy the holiday season is eating up much of our time.

On the weekend, I finally broke down and bought some new clothes. I spent what a amounts to a small fortune on four sweaters, three pairs of pants and a nightie. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have picked up four sweaters but they were on sale and I figured that I'd get a lot of wear out of them. I also cut my hair, a lot of it.

I've mentioned this before but, salons would go under if they depended upon my business to keep them going. It's been over a year since I went for a cut. I just go to those super cut places. On Saturday, I walked in and the woman asked me what I wanted. I told her that I was just looking for a trim. She asked me how long my hair was and I pulled it out of the pony tail it was in. She sort of gulped when I explained that I'd like it shoulder-length. She just kept saying, "well that's a lot of hair" and I kept assuring that it was okay. While I was in the sink, I told her about how I'd donated some hair a couple of years ago so, when I get over to her chair, she pulls out her comb and measures my hair. Then she tells me that I have enough for another donation. Back into the pony tail it goes and now, 4 days later, it's still drying out at home. It took her a long time to cut it and I should be happy that she was so fussy. When it was all done, it really did look cute. I waited until I was almost back to my car before I pulled my toque out of my pocket and pulled it on over my new do. What can I say?? I'm a Canadian girl and I don't like my head to get cold!

I joked with the girl who cut my hair that I'd probably lost five pounds in hair alone. I don't know if, hair aside, I actually did lose any weight this week. I've decided to only weigh in every other week or so. I'm trying hard to not be a slave to my scales. Again, I'm still watching what I'm eating. I've also been shoveling the driveway a fair little bit so I'm getting some very good cardio workouts. All in all, I'm happy to be feeling most positive than I was a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I'm back in control again and that's a huge deal for me.

So, once again, here is my weekly wrap-up:
summary - week ending December 11
  • I took my vitamins 6 out of 7 days this week
  • met or exceeded my daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • shoveled snow twice, walked outside twice
  • avoided after-meal snacks 6 out of 7 evenings
  • took some time and did some nice things for myself (hair cut and shopping) for a change. It felt amazing!!

No comments: