Wednesday, September 28, 2005

cold = hungry

Yesterday, we had our first, full day of really fall-like weather. It was one of those gorgeous, crisp days that start and end feeling "brisk" but in between, are sun-shiny with just a touch of cool in the air. For some weird reason, I was hungry, really hungry all day. A colleague of mine mentioned that she too was really hungry yesterday and we agreed that it must be down to the change in the weather. Weird huh?

Fortunately for me, I'd eaten breakfast at home, packed my sensible lunch and had no cash on me. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but recently, a Tim Horton's has opened literally next to the building I work in. Our previously full-of-healthy-and-yummy-options, mom and pop cafe has been replaced by an evil corporate fat and sugar stand. Ice Caps and donuts are everywhere. I haven't given in to Tim's temptations yet but it sucks that it's right on our door step. It also sucks that if I happen to forget my lunch, it's now a huge hassle to try and find something decent to eat.

Last night we had a tonne of errands to do in preparation for our weekend away. This included an oil change and having the tires rotated and balanced. We ended up at our favourite Vietnamese place on the way home and I enjoyed a huge and delicious bowl of soup with a side order of veggies. It was really filling and totally yummy and not a bad choice overall. At the end of the day yesterday, my caloric consumption was no more than it should have been. At least I'm keeping that part in check.

Exercise continues to be a struggle but I did manage to get a walk in yesterday and I think I'll do the same thing today, in lieu of a ride on the bike. I'm still feeling rushed and a little freaked out but knowing that I only have 2.5 more days in the office this week is making it feel a little less daunting.

No comments: