Friday, September 09, 2005

happy friday

We had an usually late night last night and I'm really feeling it at the moment. Yesterday, in the morning, my hunny msg'd me that he had a bad migraine. I wasn't surprised at this, he'd had a bit of a headache in the morning and the weather was a little weird here. I told him to pack in work, get home, take drugs and get some sleep. He followed my advice and when I called him at 4 p.m. to see how he was doing, he felt much better.

Now, last night we were meeting a furnace guy at the house (nothing serious, just new house/new furnace stuff that we needed to deal with before the cold weather sets in). He was to be here at 5:30 p.m. so I raced home, stopping quickly to grab some yogurt for lunches. Of course, he was late arriving. By the time he left, it was almost 6:30 p.m. and we were trying to decide what to do about dinner. We didn't really enough "dinner food" in the house to make a proper meal with, I refused to order any kind of greasy delivery food so the debate began. My hunny had grabbed something to eat after his nap so he wasn't famished. Me, on the other hand, had worked through my lunch (I ate it, I just didn't take a break) and had not even had time to grab my snack in the afternoon. I was so hungry. Finally, a little after 7, we decided to venture out and try to find something that would be tasty and not greasy or too expensive. After a couple of false-starts, we ended up at Costco and bought salad stuff. When we eventually got back home and had eaten, it was almost 9 p.m.

While I'm not thrilled about having eaten so late, I am happy with my choices and eating was 100% on plan again yesterday. We didn't get into bed until around 10 and we're up at 4:30 a.m. I knew that this morning was going to be a struggle but I had decided before going to bed that I was going to exercise in the morning. Getting up turned out to not be as difficult as I'd thought it would be but I did feel really sluggish and groggy. I think I've been fighting some kind of a cold this week which is one of the reasons I've really pushed myself to exercise this week, I'm trying to keep it at bay. This morning though, I have these big black circles under my eyes and my neck is really stiff. On my right side, it feels really tight. When I'm standing, I can feel it all the way down to my shoulder blade, it's weird. My ride was really brutal this morning too. I've been really feeling it when I'm riding. Even last night, as I lay in bed, I felt a little soreness and stiffness in my muscles. It's a good feeling and I don't mind it at all but this morning, I really had to push myself to get through the interval program.

So, I'm feeling a little battered and stiff. Really though, I'm pretty pleased with what I've managed to accomplish so far this week. I've had 3 perfectly on plan eating days and expect today to be the same. I've also exercised the past three days in a row which is something I haven't managed in a while. Aches and pains aside, being back on track is feeling good.

No comments: