Friday, September 02, 2005

not that it matters

It feels really irrelevant, given what's happening down south, to report in here today but... I did exercise this morning. My body didn't really want to do it, it wanted to stay in bed.

When I finished my stretching and got on the bike, I thought, well, I'll just ride until the commercial comes on (I was watching a repeat of Law & Order). Once the commercial was over I thought, okay, I'll just ride until the next commercial... by that time the next commercial started, the show was over and I had only 3 minutes left on the 20 minute program. I figured, what the heck, I've come this far, just do the whole thing and I did. I've pedalled almost 14 miles this week and I think that's pretty good, considering last week I did nothing at all.

So, my self-challenge for the long weekend is to not snack on bad stuff. My plan is to get some stuff done around the house as my hunny has to work. If I keep myself busy enough, distracted enough, I'll not be tempted into "grazing." Goodness knows I struggle with it every weekend. It's been a long time since I've managed to get through an entire weekend without a slip, I'm going to work really hard to make this one be a success.

No comments: