Tuesday, September 13, 2005

weirdness

At this particular moment in time, I feel okay. Last night, I had the worst headache I had ever experienced in my entire life. I felt, seriously, like the top of my head was coming off. When it first started, I thought that I may be a little dehydrated (even though I'd spent my day running back and forth to the loo because of the amount of water I consume while I work) after dinner. A glass of water helped a bit but I still had to take some tylenol. I know that this is just a symptom of the stress-related cold thing I've had this week. I was coughing a bit too last night, which was making the headache all the worse, and my ears were plugged. It was odd. I also seem to have developed a weird kind of rash. It almost looks like bug bites (I know that's gross) because it's sort of in one spot (well in a cluster) on my tummy. It's as if one the many spiders which have been finding their way into the house now that September has arrived, was in bed with me on Sunday night and had buffet on my tummy. I'm kind of a mess right now, and I'm mentally exhausted because of work.

It should be said though, that the cold and the work pace have been helping me with my motivation. The past two mornings, I've been up before the sun and have ridden my bike. I feel like I'm almost ready to start mixing up the interval programs again (like I used to, all those many months ago) and I think I want to dig out my WATP DVD's. After a week now, the exercise is feeling more like a routine and less like a punishment. I hate to think how crappy I'd be feeling if I wasn't doing this. Also, I snuck a peek at the scale again this morning and noticed another little drop. I know it's just that "early in the restart big drop" thing happening but I'm really pleased about it. I still have a ways to go before I'm into virgin fat but I'll get there soon. I have a mini-goal that I'd like to hit by the end of the year but I don't want to say too much about it, for fear that I'll jinx myself (I have a tendency to do that sometimes). Headache hangover, yucky rash and all, I'm feeling pretty good right now and that's the main thing.

No comments: