Monday, September 12, 2005

monday, monday

How was your weekend? I managed to get through mine without too much trauma and/or damage. I actually felt kind of yucky all weekend. The neck stiffness thing got really bad on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I know it was some kind of cold thing because I was coughing and blowing my nose and I developed some kind of weird soreness inside my right nostril. The nostril pain is going away, the neck stiffness is starting to dissipate a bit so I think I'm on the mend. Doing little else than laundry this weekend definitely helped.

Friday night, after work and after visiting LOG, we picked up some groceries to get us through the weekend. We spent about $28 on "snacks" but the snacks were all of the fresh fruit and veg variety. It's definitely easier to avoid temptation if you don't haul crap into the house, isn't it? Saturday was the first weekend, on-plan day, I'd had in I don't know how long. Yesterday, I snacked a bit too much. I definitely went over as far as calories go but I didn't pig out on really fatty stuff so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Part of the reason I did it was simply boredom. My hunny and LOG went out of town for the day. I was supposed to go with them but stayed behind with my cold. I just kept nibbling on stuff that I didn't really need or want and couldn't stop myself. Not good.

On Saturday night, we ordered Chinese take-out. My hunny let me pick the items because he wanted to be surprised when the food arrived. I'm happy to report that I didn't order nearly as much as we used to, that most of the items were veg related and that we had enough left over for dinner last night. You have to understand that in the past, we'd just devour everything in the bag, as soon as it got into the house so having enough leftovers for an entire meal is a huge accomplishment. It sounds really ridiculous typing it, but it's true.

Here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week ending September 11
  • did "intentional exercise" 3 out of 4 work days last week. A not bad re-start, if I do say so myself.
  • I took my vitamins 6 out of 7 days this week (I totally forgot about it yesterday for some odd reason)
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • stepped back on the scales again this morning to discover that I'd lost 2.5 pounds this week. It's really nothing to shout about because I'm no where near virgin fat at the moment but, still, it's better than the alternative

No comments: