Thursday, September 15, 2005

three things

This will have to be a quickie because it's one of those days again:

1. Red Lobster

Last night, we went, with LOG to Red Lobster for dinner. I actually got through an entire meal without eating one of those "cheddar bay" rolls. I tried to ask the server not to bring them but I was out-voted. When they first came to the table, they smelled amazing but I resisted. By avoiding the rolls, I had room (both in my stomach and on my calorie chart) for more seafood. yay!


2. Biggest Loser

Forgot to mention this yesterday but I checked out the season premiere on Tuesday night. Last year, I totally enjoyed the series. This shocked the hell out of me because I don't watch any other "reality" shows. I think I got sucked in because it was something that I could relate to. I also found myself thinking "yanno, if I could get on that, I could be the Biggest Loser." Yikes. Anyway, so far, the only person I thought I liked at all has been sent home. The rest of them seem kind of whiney and I was a little disappointed to see that all of the women basically weigh around the same and that there wasn't anyone my age on it. I guess if you're older and heavier, they don't want to risk it (but they'll have older and heavier men on it - go figure). Last year, when it was on, I was off the wagon more than I was on it and I remember actually snacking while watching it sometimes. Thank goodness I'm back on track now. I'll be losing right along with other "losers."

3. Special K

Are they showing these new Special K ads featuring Carson Kressley in the states? I've only seen them on Canadian channels so far. If you haven't seen them, it's Carson talking about how Special K should be part of your healthy maintenance regime, once you've reached your goal weight. Good message I suppose, but I find him really annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love him on Queer Eye, seriously. In the ads though, he's wearing a short sleeved red t-shirt over a white long sleeved one, and they are tucked into his pants and he has a noticeable "paunch." Now, I would love to have a little tummy like that (instead of head-to-toe flab) but he doesn't exactly scream "super fit" to me. Except for the tummy, he's very slim. I just don't think he looks toned at all. If you're trying to sell health in a box and are telling the world that you're working out regularly, you might want to actually do that. Just my two cents, I've found the whole series to be rather irritating.

No comments: