Tuesday, September 27, 2005

rushed

For the past few (several?) weeks, I feel like I'm constantly rushing. Work is crazy, home is busy with LOG and getting the house ready for winter. We literally collapse into a heap at the end of the day. It's not a routine that I'm thrilled about, let me tell you.

I worked most of the weekend (well, Friday night and most of the day on Saturday) and spent Sunday, catching up on laundry and trying to rest. I was so exhausted that by the time we went to bed on Sunday night, I was overtired and didn't sleep well, I hate how that happens.

Last week, with the cold and the back thing (which, btw, is still giving me some trouble), I didn't do proper exercise, at all. I've not yet rode my bike this week either. I also got away from journaling my food. This is always a big mistake for me because journaling keeps me on track. I didn't go too far off my plan (I should state that it's now been over 2 months since a french fry has passed my lips) but I know that I wasn't 100% either.

This week's been better so far. I'm tracking my calories and starting to feel better. My plan is to ride tomorrow and every morning for the rest of the week, Friday afternoon we're heading out of town for a long weekend. It will be busy and not restful but it'll be fun to get away and I can always rest up in a week or so. Hopefully, by the end of October, the office will have settled down some and I'll feel less rushed, less tense. Here's hoping.

No comments: