Wednesday, June 29, 2005

dog days

I'm feeling better about things today. I got in touch with some old high school friends yesterday and talking to them really helped me. I'm still quite surprised by how upset I was but that happens sometimes I guess.

Why is it so hot outside? The heat I don't mind so much, if there's a breeze. It's like trying to breathe through oatmeal outside right now. It's really gross and it's been like this for a week now. Even though we have air conditioning at home, I find that this weather really drags me down. I didn't exercise this morning because I was so sleepy. I know that the exercise would have likely helped me to wake up but I just couldn't drag my sorry ass down those stairs to do it. Worst part about it is that I don't even feel bad about not working out. I'm beyond help, I swear.

My eating has been really good. I'm guessing this is a byproduct of the weather too. It's hard to have an appetite in this heat. We had dinner at home again last night, pasta with lots of veggies and skinless, boneless chicken thighs. It still feels weird to smell food cooking in the house again, after so many weeks of doing all of our cooking outside.

I wish I had more to say today but I really don't. It's a short week around here because Friday is Canada Day. I've booked off Monday too so we're having a lovely four-day weekend. I'm hoping to get at least one day where I can sit on my deck and read "Tales from the Scale." I've had it sitting on my dresser for ages now and really want to read it. Fingers crossed, I'll get to it this weekend!

No comments: