Thursday, June 16, 2005

good good good

I'm feeling a little bit better today, still not 100% but better. This morning, I would have given anything to have been able to sleep for an extra hour, seriously. The funny thing was, an hour before the alarm went off, I was wide awake and got up to pee. I had no trouble falling asleep again but so didn't want to get up when I had to, strange how that is sometimes huh??

I can report that yesterday's eating was very very good. I didn't track (again) but I know that I was within my calorie range and I didn't snack at all after dinner. This is a bad habit that I had gotten into when we were moving, absent minded, evening snacks. Not necessary, just a terrible habit. One thing I have been doing is drinking a lot of water. Ever since we moved and our new fridge was installed, both of us have become absolute water fiends. Sometimes I have it just on it's own, sometimes I have it over lots of crushed ice, others, over cubes. The water filter / ice maker thing in the fridge is worth it's weight in gold I tell ya!

One thing that I'm trying to focus on, and this has always been hard for me, is the idea of food as fuel instead of food as recreation. Admittedly, we're both foodies, we love good food, heck my hunny is a French Chef but, we're both working on changing how we think about food. I'm trying to stop myself before I pop something into my mouth these days and force myself to think about whether it's good for me or not. Now, this doesn't always happen but I figure that the more I work on it, the more I'll do it and eventually, I won't even think about it anymore. My feeling is that if I can retrain my brain into approaching food this way, maybe I won't have to track and record and count. I get so tired of doing that. I think that's why I fall off track, it all gets boring.

Anyway, I know that it's early but so far today is going really well and I expect that the rest of the day will too. Fingers crossed, huh?

No comments: