Friday, June 24, 2005

ick

I just got back to my desk after a quick trip to the loo. While I was standing at the sink washing my hands, under the fluorescent lights, I couldn't believe how horrible I looked. My skin is blotchy and I have gigantic black circles under my eyes. I know that I've been tired this week but I really look yucky. It's entirely possible that the fatigue is related partly to what I feel is an air conditioning cold I may have picked up earlier in the week and partly because TOM is due any minute now. I feel like I would actually frighten small children with this face, honestly!

The Monday-Wednesday-Friday exercise thing might have to be a Monday-Wednesday-Saturday exercise thing. I slept a little late this morning and just didn't get my act together to do it. Of course, when I got into work, I could get it together enough to have a piece of birthday cake (small piece, inside cut -- no sides of icing!). I did have it with some diet ginger ale. That must wash away some of the calories. gah!

Yesterday at the barbecue I honestly did okay. When I went home to get the car at noon, I had a small snack. When we got the cottage I had a couple of carrot sticks, some diet soda and a couple (not even 1/3 cup) of the new dill flavoured doritos. Oh goodness, they were good. I didn't think that they would be so good. Thank GOODNESS I was amongst friends who moved them away from me. Anyway, I had a veggie burger with lettuce and onion on it and some salad. I also had a tiny little itty bitty cupcake for dessert. It could have been much, much worse!!

Last night, for the first time ever, we cooked inside our new house. Our gas stove is finally hooked up and working and we had a delicious stir fry. We really missed having a stove. You can only have so many barbecues, you know?

This weekend, if all goes well, I'm planning to organize either my office or the rest of the kitchen and just take it easy. Ideally, we'll go do errands tonight after work and be able to just hibernate all weekend. I can't think of anything I need to do or places I need to be so a restful weekend might be just the trick to get rid of these hideous bags under my eyes!!!

No comments: