Thursday, June 02, 2005

hello, sandals!!

My feet are finally un-swollen. I'm down a bit again today and I'm pretty sure that's the end of the fluid bloat. That puts me at 9 pounds up, overall, in a month. Honestly, I know that a gain like this is bad but I'm so relieved that it's only 9 pounds. It could have been so very much worse and trust me, on Saturday, I thought it was. At least right now, I'm comfortably wearing sandals again. My ankles look like ankles and not over-stuffed sausages. My feet feel better too, not as tired as they have been and it's been almost a week since a screaming charley-horse has jerked me out of bed in the middle of the night. Hurray for healing huh??

Every day this week, I'm feeling a little better than the day before. The only real difference I'm seeing is, at the end of the day (like after dinner), I'm much more tired than I normally am. Considering all we've been through over the past 10 days, I'm not surprised. I almost can't believe that tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks since we took possession of the new house. It really feels like home to me. I know I sound like a broken record but I never knew that a house could make you has happy as I am right now.

Eating yesterday was a little on the bad side. We had pizza for dinner. Now, we did have thin crust with chicken and veggies and a salad but still, I know I ate too much. Oh well, today is another day and I'm off to a good start already. We're barbecuing tonight (duh, we still don't have our new gas stove hooked up, we'll be barbecuing a lot) so I shouldn't run into that problem again today. It's just a bit of an adjustment after weeks of not really thinking too much about what we're eating, to all of a sudden start planning meals again. We can do it though, it'll just take us a few days to sort our heads out. Right now, I'm just taking everything one day at a time.

No comments: