Monday, June 20, 2005

forgetful

I honestly forgot to weigh myself this morning. I fully intended to but didn't do it, it completely slipped my mind. On my way back upstairs after my workout (more on that later!!) I walked right by the laundry room, where the scale is, but I didn't stop.

After breakfast and a shower, I realized what I had done. Thinking back about it right now, perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing. The curiosity over the number is still in my head but I'm wondering if it's not healthier to not be so into weighing myself. Some weeks (when I think I'm doing really well), I do it every day.

Looking back over the past week, I didn't track my food at all and don't think I did too badly. I wasn't totally perfect but I was pretty close most days. For me, recently, it's been all about the "more good days than bad" thing. This week should be full of good days.

So, working out, intentional exercise, moving one's booty. This morning, I did it! Over the weekend, my hunny sorted out a big chunk of the basement and I was able to ride my bike this morning. I started off slow, on the basic 20 minute cycle but I managed to cover 4.66 miles. I felt every one of them too. I forgot how my butt can fall asleep on the recumbent. That'll pass, and I'll find my weights (haven't a clue where they are!). Eventually, we'll get the little tv we bought for the basement hooked up to a dvd player (and our dvd's will be unpacked) and I'll be walking away the pounds again. I did find my mat and my resistance bands so I'll mix things up a bit more as the week goes along. Today, I was really happy to get some stretching and a 20 minute ride in. I didn't have any trouble getting up at all this morning, in fact I was actually looking forward to it. I know that I've said this before but I'm still surprised that my body misses it when I don't exercises it and rewards me when I do.

Who knew huh??

No comments: