Friday, June 03, 2005

happy friday

Good mornin' folks.

Oh goodness but I'm tired this morning. Last night, I think I got about 3 hours of sleep, maybe 4, max. After dinner was over and all of our evening chores were done, I was totally exhausted. My feet hurt, my knee was giving me some hassle and my lower back was bugging me. It had been a long day and physically, I felt beaten up. I had a nice long soak in the tub (I still can't believe that we have a whirlpool tub in our bathroom!!) and felt really good when I got out.

Yesterday, my hunny's knee injury was acting up so he was feeling pretty lousy. He'd had a soak in the tub as well. When we went to bed, he immediately fell asleep in the middle of the bed. I tried moving him, nudging him, everything short of poking him in the face but he wouldn't budge. He was dead to the world. I was glad that he was sleeping because I knew that he hadn't had much rest the night before when the knee thing started acting up again. I basically tried to get comfortable while hanging on to the edge of the bed but it wasn't working. Finally, about 2.5 hours after we went to bed, he got up to go to the washroom and I was able to claim back my side of the bed. Of course, by this time it was almost midnight and we had to be up at 4 a.m.

Right now I'm a bit of a zombie, I'm on my second cup of coffee and I expect that I'll be getting a third at some point this morning. Sleep deprivation aside, I'm feeling okay today. The problem with my foot has been that my heel spur on my left foot has been acting up again. It usually does whenever the summer starts and I start wearing sandals again. My spur really likes the comfort of shoes and socks but dammit, I'm wearing sandals. It's way too hot not to, not to mention that socks and shoes look goofy with sun dresses or capris.

Anyway, this week has definitely been a better week than I have had in a few, foodwise anyway. It hasn't been perfect but I have definitely made more good than bad choices, overall. I have to be happy with that, that and the fact that I can see my ankles again. It's the little things that make the difference, isn't it?

No comments: