Wednesday, June 01, 2005

flushed

Thank goodness the bloat is slowly decreasing. If you can believe it (and I wouldn't have if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes), I have lost 11 pounds in fluid in 48 hours. When I stepped on the scales this morning, I was down another 6 pounds. That puts me at 12 pounds up from my last official weigh-in in early May. I'm not sure if that is all fat, I know it's not all fluid. We definitely overate during May and we lived on take-out for a while so some damage was done. 12 pounds I can deal with though, 23 was over the top, even for me.

Yesterday and again today, even though it's really nice outside, I'm wearing shoes and socks. The socks are helping keep the swelling down in my feet and ankles. This morning my feet actually looked normal again. My rings are fitting normally (a little loose is how they usually fit) again today and I noticed that my face isn't looking as puffy as it was on the weekend. All of that water I've been drinking is definitely making a big difference.

Eating has been pretty good over the past couple of days. I will confess that we went to the Dairy Queen last night after dinner but I had enough calories at the end of the day to allow for that. I think that an "all things in moderation" approach is going to make the transition from pre-move sloth to post-move healthy-girl a little easier. Today I'm actually not feeling really sleepy either, which is good. Now, I am back on the coffee at the moment but I am really needing the boost in the morning and I do drink it black anyway so it's not like a huge calorie splurge. At the moment, caffeine is a very good friend to me.

So, so far this week is going well. It's hump-day already, which I cannot believe. The fact that it's June already is a little mind-boggling too. All in all, I am feeling better every day and that's the main thing right now.

No comments: